The Army of Georland

The Army of Georland

Thursday 29 December 2016

Graham Lay - a true gentleman

I was saddened yesterday to hear of the recent death of Graham Lay, announced by the BBC on last night's Antiques Roadshow broadcast.

Graham was the programme's expert who recorded the segment with Oliver Keef on the Georland Journal and toy soldier collection.

I never met Graham but I did correspond with him by email when trying to contact the Keef family through the programme, which resulted in the transcription of the Journal  and in this blog. He was encouraging and enthusiastic where he really didn't need to be. I only had a little contact with him but he was an impressive person and I shall miss both him and his knowledge displayed so widely on the programme.

May he rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Vale Graham Lay. What a gift those who do small kindnesses are.

    ReplyDelete